food for a couture life – kale
Eating kale is like breathing. You should be doing it. It’s a nutrient powerhouse that is filled with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients and helps build your immune system, keep your heart healthy and keep cancer away. That’s all fine and dandy, so what the heck do you do to ingest it…here are 7 ways to get started.
- Add a handful to your protein powder, for a jumpier green smoothie.
- Kale chips (mmmm)
- Chop it up, saute’, and scramble with tofu (or eggs, if you are down with ouefs). Here’s a recipe, if you need one (but there is no need to even make it that complicated).
- Saute and add to your homemade hummus
- Toss into a gluten free pasta during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Drain. Add pesto or your favorite vinaigrette, plus additional chopped vegetables for a cold pasta salad. Mix with your favorite mac and cheese (vegan or not, I won’t judge).
- Add to any stir fry recipe.
- Add to any soup
So now you have no excuse. Kale it up.